Mr. Snow is reportedly resigning soon, although he has not confirmed this himself. In a recent interview, he said:
"I'm not going to be able to go the distance, but that's primarily for financial reasons." Snow said. "I've told people when my money runs out, then I've got to go."
Tony Snow makes $168,000 a year. He has had health problems and I wish him the best with that, but I have to believe that he has a pretty rockin' health insurance plan.
People close to Snow said that he felt he needed to make some more money to help his family, which includes children readying for college.
If this doesn't let people know that the folks running the country are completely out of touch with the situations of average Americans, I don't know what will. The average American household brings in a little under $60,000/year. These are families with mortgages, kids who want to go to college or trade school, and in many cases, no health insurance.
How are we supposed to believe that we should just be more responsible with our spending choices, our mortgages, our career and education goals, when this guy says he can't take care of his family on $168,000 a year?
No comments:
Post a Comment