Thursday, July 14, 2005

Why is it that I can't lose more than a couple of pounds a week but I go to New Jersey for 9 days and come home 10 pounds heavier? Shouldn't that be just as impossible? I mean, I know we're meant to conserve energy for lean times, we go into starvation mode if we don't eat, we have more food in these times and all of that ancestral evolutionary fiddle faddle, but it just doesn't seem right that I could actually gain a pound a day.

I'm thinking part of it must be that a lot of that stuff is still hanging out in my system, getting comfy in my innards and settling in for a nice spell. I am not OK with that, so for the next however-long, I'll be doing some cleansing. I plan on having plenty of time to catch up on my reading, if you get my drift. Can't do this again, I just don't have the time for that kind of commitment - although I recommend the process, it really was a great experience (that will sound nuts once you actually read about it). No, nothing that intense ... but I'll be looking around.

I've already noticed that since I got back from New Jersey, I've unconsciously gone almost entirely lacto-ovo, heavy on the green veggies. Haven't really had much meat at all, and maybe that's a good sign that I'm at least listening to my body a little. I definitely got plenty of meat out there and perhaps my system said "enough!" loudly enough to break through to my appetite.

So - as I do a little surfing, don't be surprised to see some odd posts about some of the cleansing/diet/health sites I come across in the next few weeks. Should be fun. It's going to drive Bill nuts.

No comments: